Do you find…
- You are hiding your sexual behaviors from others?
- Do you feel controlled by your sexual desires?
- You have tried to stop your sexual activities, but couldn’t?
- You need greater variety, increased frequency, or more extreme sexual activities to achieve the same level of excitement or relief?
- You have caused emotional pain because of your sexual behaviors?
- You are depressed or feel hopeless after sex or sexual activities?
If you are struggling with these issues – there is help. You can find freedom from the prison of compulsivity.
Sex addiction is a progressive intimacy disorder in which an individual engages in excessive or compulsive sexual behaviors and thoughts, often without regard for the negative consequences in their own life or those with whom they are in a relationship. Similar to other addictions, the behaviors often need to be increased in intensity over time in order to achieve the same results.
As a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, (CSAT) I have the training and experience to help you find recovery, joy, and healthy relationships. I not only help you with the initial phase of establishing sobriety, but I will also work with you on the underlying issues that fuel the addictive behaviors. Sexually addictive behaviors are often an attempt at regulating underlying anxieties and trying to soothe the pain of attachment wounds and earlier trauma. Together we will work to unravel these deeper-rooted wounds and find healing and peace.
If you want to make a change in your life contact me and let’s get started on the path toward a life that is satisfying and whole.